The MRTC Winter Off-Road Race Series is a collection of four races run each year through the months of January and February. The Memphis weather, as crazy and unpredictable as it is, could deliver a race where it's 70 degrees yet be a cold icy rain or snow day for the next. And trail runners run through it all.
Like us on Facebook to keep up with any updates! Or be sure to like the MRTC site for all series/race updates. We run rain or shine or wind or snow or...
THE 2020 RACE DATES
|3K||Jan 12||2:00pm||Overton Park, Memphis - start and finish is near the Veteran's Memorial Plaza|
|5K||Jan 26||2:00pm||W.C. Johnson Park, Collierville|
|8K||Feb 9||2:00pm||Nesbit Park, Bartlett (aka Stanky Creek)|
|10K||Feb 23||2:00pm||Shelby Farms Park|
Register for the Series or any of the Single Races!
|Pre-registration (up until the night before the first race) for non-members:|
Pre-registration (up until the night before the first race) for MRTC members:
|Registration for the series on/after the first race:||$70|
|Fees for individual races - non-members:||$20|
Race Timing Information: (The series is chip timed)
- If you register early and online, you'll be sent your chip and bib in the mail 2-3 weeks before the first race. Be sure to watch our website OR friend us on Facebook for registration announcements.
- If you forget your chip for a race you can "rent" one for the day for an additional $10.00. Bring cash!
- Click here to register Winter Off Road Series
- You can pick-up your t-shirt/bib/chip at any of the races - registration will open at 12:30 pm and close at 1:30 pm.
- All participants will receive a long sleeve cotton t-shirt. If you're registering for a single race, we may not have your preferred size available.
- Post-race refreshments by Sprouts Farmer Market available post race to refuel.
A points system will be used for both Overall and Age Group awards for the 4-race series. There are no awards for individual races. To be eligible for an award you must run at least 3 of the 4 races. Those runners who complete all 4 races will receive an extra point.
The awards go 3-deep in Overall Open, 3-deep in Masters, 1-deep in Grand Masters, 1-deep in Senior Master and 3-deep in age groups. Fast runners can miss a race and still (possibly) qualify for an award, depending on the competition. Anyone found sending a substitute to run for them will be completely disqualified from the series. Ties will be broken based on the best performance in the longest race. All decisions made by MRTC will be final.
Awards will be given out at a post WORS party on Sunday, March 1st. Time and location to be announced soon!
Part of the registration form, the verbiage includes the following: I know that running a race is a potentially hazardous activity which could cause injury or death. I should not enter and run unless I am medically able and have properly trained and by my signature I certify that I am in good health. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the run. I assume all risks associated with running in this event including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, cold weather, ice and/or snow, the conditions of the trails, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.